Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chasing Turtle Falls

                                           Yes, I jumped into the cold, cold water...


                                                       Mountain River Time

Climbing over stone, listening to the sound of rushing, running water, we spent all of Monday at Turtle Falls.  It's amazing to think that this river in Black Mountain is in constant motion. While we work, write, shop and sleep, the river continues, snaking through the forest, smoothing granite as it goes, carving the very features of our mountain home. I like to remember this river and image cold, heavy water against my body. Here I let the water run through me, asking it to wash away all worry and fear. I am here, clear as mountain-water in motion, strong as water rolling over rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment